Take over a seven years established weld inspections and testing compliance business with stable six-figure returns working three days per week. Service areas include Victoria and some work in New South Wales, South Australia, and Tasmania.
Weldcomply Pty Ltd was established in December 2014 with a focus on providing weld inspections and testing compliance for all forms of welding equipment, and retail supply of welding consumables and safety products along with custom welding training packages available on-site for convenience.
The key features of this business are:
• Goodwill associated with a regular client base of around 80-100 standard customers/ sites built over seven (7) years in operation – 80% complete compliance every six (6) months and the other 20% annually
• A proven software with all customer contact details and history
• A proven process and procedures with quality documentation, all of the intellectual property
required to complete the job and any equipment used to produce the final product or service included in the sale
• A quality range of safety products in addition to safety compliance services
• Stable six-figure returns to an owner-operator working an average of only three (3) days per week or putting a business plan together and expanding
• Job security knowing Australian Safety Standards and Code of Practices requires compliance, making the business an in-demand service provider
• Note: there is no license required to operate, understanding what level of knowledge is needed to complete the work carried out. There is a basic flashback arrestor training through a supplier which issue a certificate. See certificate in Due Diligence document
What makes this business successful?
To have a viable business, there are some sales skills required. The basics of the current sale process are straightforward, explain to the potential customer via the door-to-door service provided for both receiving and delivering the order where practical. Ask the client about what they are currently doing in the form of welding equipment compliance inspections. If nothing then explain to the client what the current Australian standards and recommendations are for compliance. Offer Weldcomply services directly informing them and then proceed to complete the Compliance Testing Proposal. An example can be found in Due Diligence.
Nearing the end of a trading month the current business owner will look through the compliance inspection register and print off the upcoming month ahead. Next step is to then book in advance and visit regular customers for general sales calls in and around them. It is common to book in a day of just sales calls where required, deliver goods from previous orders, and the odd new business call via a referral.
The compliance inspection registry is used to book jobs. Interstate work is usually booked in 4-6 weeks in advance.
The current business owner works three (3) days per week on average, arranged around the client’s availability and family/lifestyle commitments. There is plenty of time for growth, and revenue increases working more hours/days.
The business operates in a niche market where the business owner has built up a network and client list from door-to-door site visits. No other advertising has been required.
If you have the necessary knowledge and some experience in the industry and are looking for a fantastic opportunity to work three (3) days per week earning a great wage – or – if you want to take on this business and expand, then enquire now.
Complete your online enquiry for a confidential discussion with the lead broker and receive a comprehensive Business Profile and Market Review.
Price $450,000 includes SAV (approx. $5,000 – $6,000)
Finn Business Sales
(03) 9372 0243
Broker: Dominic Pronesti
0409 258 866
*Images are used for advertising purposes. Actual business images may not appear.