The Shoe Shop in Lorne
The Shoe Shop in Lorne
Are you looking for a fantastic retail business with consistent six-figure returns? On offer is a seachange dream with “The Shoe Shop in Lorne,” established in 1994 selling footwear and a small range of clothing and accessories to the passing masses on the main shopping strip.
The business is located in a prime location with a significant amount of passing foot traffic and day trippers driving by. A popular tourist destination, Lorne offers a beautiful beach with amazing surf, and the magnificent Otway ranges.
The Shoe Shop in Lorne is well-known and considered the place to go for personal purchases and gift buying – with a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere there is a wide variety of stock that is priced to sell.
The Shoe Shop has traded comfortably through COVID-19 and will continue to do so. In the coming months as restrictions are eased and Melburnians begin to descend on the coast again, it is highly likely the business will have another strong year. As we are in the colder and quieter months for retail in Lorne, the business is not seeing any significant effects on sales from the lock downs.
The key features of this business are:
• Supported and loved by the locals.
• Convenient store for shoes with ideal range to choose from.
• Great customer service and competitive pricing that has built a great relationship with regulars.
• Located in a massively busy tourist area, including local tourist – not relying on overseas visitors.
• Access to 60 suppliers of stock with fast turnaround time.
• Low staffing requirement.
• Great opening hours offering a real lifestyle opportunity.
• A business performing above average compared to industry averages for managing the business total expenses, COG, and lease with excellent sales.
• We give this business three gold stars and two silver stars for overall performance of COG, Expenses, Wages, Lease and Occupancy vs sales.
What makes this business a success?
The majority of customers are female locals and tourists. There are repeat customers who frequent the shoe shop for new shoes, clothing, and accessories. Locals love to support their local businesses which makes The Shoe Shop in Lorne a staple for the community.
The Shoe Shop offers seasonal sales in store with up to 50% off in some cases. There is a 10% discount for loyal customers.
The Shoe Shop in Lorne utilises around 60 suppliers for their stock needs. Most of these suppliers have a 2-7-day delivery time frame. In most cases they also offer a 30-day account.
A 2-bedroom apartment is also available for sale if required (to live in). It is a first-floor apartment with 2 bathrooms, 1 car space and a storage room. Please speak with the Broker and Vendor for further information.
If you are looking to escape into your own business with proven returns and be right on the coast to enjoy the bliss when its not holiday season, then enquire now.
Complete your online enquiry for a confidential discussion with the lead broker and receive a comprehensive Business Profile and Market Review.
Price $135,00 + SAV
Finn Business Sales
Geelong and South West Victoria
(03) 5259 9970
Broker: Anthony Dickson
0431 279 400
*Images are used for advertising purposes. Actual business images may not appear