A small business success story running under management with solid returns. The bridal specialist retails exclusive wedding dresses from renowned local and international designers and has a team of highly qualified in-house dressmakers and can operate online.
Melbourne’s Bridalwear is located on Lonsdale Street, fit with a bridal appointment space that is covid friendly and open for bookings. The private, off-street location ensures a distinctive experience for valued clientele.
The key features of the business are:
• Melbourne’s Bridalwear has exclusive rights in Melbourne to retail particular in-demand designers.
• One of the designer labels is unique to plus size brides in that it offers styles that are non-traditional with a highly structured internal corset that can bring down two dress sizes in any bride.
• Melbourne’s Bridalwear has a team of highly qualified in-house dressmakers who can make wedding dresses from scratch for those brides who want to create their wedding dress style.
• Melbourne’s Bridalwear customers feedback says they feel the collection of gowns is unique and non-commercial compared to other bridal stores.
• Melbourne’s Bridalwear comes with one full-time store manager, a part-time seamstress and two sales casuals.
• There are two leases: one office/retail store and a second workshop space in the same building on the same floor.
• The Vendor only works in-store two days a week; the rest of the time, she works on a laptop at home, 1-2 hours per day.
What makes the business successful?
Melbourne’s Bridalwear sells ready-to-wear wedding dresses with exclusive supplier arrangements making them the only place to find sought after labels.
The city location provides a convenient and private setting to try on dresses for that special occasion. Customers come to the store by word-of-mouth and referrals. Many customers also come from Google maps, Google searches, Google Ads, and social media – mainly Instagram.
Melbourne’s Bridalwear also finds new customers referred from suppliers who spend a significant amount on advertising and are listed as stockists on their supplier’s website.
Melbourne’s Bridalwear uses Mad Panda Media to do all its digital marketing, including Google SEO, Facebook, and Instagram ads. The social channels have 9,518 followers on Instagram and 7,632 followers on Facebook. The website is well designed and capable of selling online.
If you have the passion and business sense, take over this reputable bridal store; enquire now.
Complete your online enquiry for a confidential discussion with the lead broker and receive a comprehensive Business Profile and Market Review.
Price $185,000 + SAV
Finn Business Sales
(03) 9372 0243
Broker: Gary Watson