Geelong’s Transport Repair Mechanics
Geelong’s Transport Repair Mechanics
Are you a truck mechanic or expanding business looking for an established and growing truck mechanics? On offer wiht a recent “price drop” is Geelong’s established transport repairs business operating since 2011 with qualified truck mechanics providing repair and servicing needs on or off-site to trucks and trailers, construction machinery, buses and light commercial vehicles across the Geelong Region.
The current business operates with one owner-operator plus one key staff member in the workshop and can handle more staff. With an established and well-known list of regular corporate fleet customers on their books, there is a steady income locked in upon takeover.
• All mechanical (especially diesel), repairs and servicing of heavy vehicles on or off-site.
• Software diagnostic repairs.
• Welding repairs for trailers and curtain repairs of trailers.
The industry is set for “growth” driven from major road works such as the Princess Highway West Upgrade stimulating additional business from trucks transporting agriculture, logging, grain growing, dairy and smelter products – from the aluminium plants at Geelong and Portland.
What does the business offer?
Operating from a large industrial premise: presents the opportunity for expansion as the Victorian Government’s Princes Highway West A1 Corridor Strategy (2002) indicates that travel demand is predicted to increase by up to 3.5% per annum. The business comes equipped with a 4-roller door shed large enough for four trucks and additional space at the front and side of gated premises, the location and premise are ideal for future business growth.
Additional road projects to come: with committed state and federal government funding over the coming years, this should see improved roads and an increase in heavy transport movement. The project initiatives aim is to complete or develop key links.
Additional Road Projects:
• Upgrading the Freight Connections to the Port – heavy transports from Melbourne and the Western District that travel via the Geelong Ring Road to the port of Geelong.
• Upgrading the Midland Hwy to Bannockburn – Bannockburn has benefited from the opening of the Geelong Ring Road, with growth at the town forecast to increase by almost 90 per cent to more than 10,000 between now and 2036. Safety upgrades on the Midland Hwy to cope with growing traffic and to improve the connections between regional centres have been completed. Planning for the duplication of the Midland Hwy between Geelong and Bannockburn is underway, and funding is required to complete road construction.
• Constructing the Ballarine Link (Geelong Ring Road extension) to the Bellarine Peninsula – development plans for Armstrong Creek define a corridor for the East-West connection linking Baanip Blvd to Barwon Heads Road. A detailed corridor planning study to determine the alignment between Barwon Heads Road and Portarlington is underway with the first four sections already constructed.
If you are looking to expand with an additional truck mechanics business, or if you are someone working in the industry that’s looking to start in an established and growing truck mechanics business of their own, then enquire now.
Complete your online enquiry for a confidential discussion with the lead broker and receive a comprehensive Business Profile, Market Review and Due Diligence or contact;
Finn Business Sales
Geelong and South West Victoria
(03) 5259 9970
Broker: Alan Wood | 0400 792 811 | geelong.thefinngroup.com.au
* Some pictures used are for advertising purposes only. Actual business images may not be shown.