Earth Garden Magazine
Earth Garden Magazine
A national publication sold by direct subscription and via newsagents. It is published four times a year with distribution to approximately 2000 newsagents throughout Australia and New Zealand. It is also mailed to more than 1200 direct subscribers. The business can be run from anywhere in the world, working an average of 24 hours per week.
Earth Garden makes the most of cutting-edge eco-printing techniques. The result is a sophisticated journal that readers want to keep on their coffee table or slip into their satchel and share with friends, family, and colleagues.
The current business owners do most of the preparation for each issue in-house from their home office. The rest of the work is done by a team of contributing writers (who write most of the articles); a graphic designer for the layout; a mail house in Melbourne which receives each new printed magazine from the Melbourne-based printer.
The key features of the business are:
• Earth Garden has an unrivalled reputation and respected place in the history of Australian publishing
• As a part-time business with a good income, this business allows a new owner ample time to pursue other interests
• In the Covid era of valuing lifestyle above the rat race, this is a meaningful business that can be run from any location
• The readers of this magazine – the customers of the business – are the friendliest, most respectful, and appreciative customers you will ever encounter
• The opportunities for expanding the business into modern communication channels are enormous
• The owners have spent the past five years streamlining and simplifying the business, so it relies on just a few online apps, plus time to operate
• The current owners are very committed to a smooth transition and will offer comprehensive training and access for any queries after the sale
• The current owners say that their business has afforded them the most idyllic lifestyle for decades
• The current owners have created so much flexibility in the business that they have often done their work from a cottage in the hills of Bali
• This business has a national profile, but none of the headaches of managing staff
• The Earth Garden Facebook page has around 11,000 followers
• The Earth Gardeners Facebook group open only to members has an astounding 51,000 members – probably the largest of any magazine in Australia
The current owners have spent the past five years freeing the business of all constraints creating a lean and efficient business that can be expanded in new ways rather than tied to old publishing limitations.
New owners will be able to work from any location, completely free of constraints around business premises leasing, staff management headaches, or significant equipment investments.
Complete your online enquiry for a confidential discussion with the lead broker and receive a comprehensive Fact Sheet.
Price $297,000 + SAV
Finn Business Sales
1300 535 932
Broker: Paul Richards
0425 852 356
*Images are used for advertising purposes. Actual business images may not appear.