Colac Indoor Sports Centre
Colac Indoor Sports Centre
Invest in one of the largest indoor sports centres in South West Victoria by purchasing the business freehold with the business included in the sale price. Colac Indoor Tennis and Sports Centre has been operating since 1984 in Colac Victoria, located in a 3,800 sqm ‘L’ shaped building, a Commercial 2 zone with a 5-kW solar system and 3 phase power. The business holds significant community capital although it is a for-profit establishment offering a versatile space for many sporting and recreational activities.
The venue provides tennis, soccer, cricket, beach volleyball, netball, table tennis, Pilates, yoga, and Mpower minis sports services. Every second weekend the venue transforms into a laser tag war zone for kids of all ages, with group activities, birthday parties and special group functions hosted at the venue.
The ‘L’ shaped building has three (3) synthetic grass tennis courts, one (1) multipurpose Flexi floor and a multi-court for indoor cricket (fully enclosed pitch), netball, soccer, and beach volleyball courts.
The key features of the business are:
• Numerous external groups hire the space including Disability Groups, Football & Netball Clubs, Social Groups, Schools, and Events such as Bike Education which set up an extensive bike obstacle course for primary school children competition.
• The versatility and size of the space provides a competitive opportunity to offer numerous sports and other programs to the local community and allows a new owner to diversify the business further if desired.
• Customers seeking to play indoor sports are not offered elsewhere in the region, providing a social sporting environment unaffected by the elements year-round.
• The venue has expanded its offering to include entertainment products on weekends and school holidays for events and children’s parties, such as laser tag, making for a profitable business.
Over the last eight (8) years, the vendors have chosen to close the facility from mid-December to end of January; this has been the vendors family holiday period. They usually also close for one (1) week of each school term break, with the vendors taking approx. 9-10 weeks of holidays each year.
The key features of the property are:
• A 14% return on investment with the business included in the freehold price
• Building area of 3,835 square metres* and a land area of 6,872 square metres
• New internal enclosed mezzanine (approx. 95 sqm) suitable for offices or showroom with air conditioning
• Additional office/ showroom space (approx. 65 sqm)
• Large storage room (approx. 60 sqm)
• Reception area and open seating area
• New high-quality LED lighting
• 5 KW Solar system (with 60 cents feed-in tariff until 2026)
• 3 phase power
• A considerable car parking space suitable for up to 80 vehicles
If you are looking for a substantial freehold investment with an almost guaranteed consistent return from an established community business essential to locals’ wellbeing, then inquire now.
Complete your online enquiry for a confidential discussion with the lead broker and receive a comprehensive Business Profile, Market Review, and Property Report.
Price $1,275,000 (Property and land sale with pre-existing business set up)
Finn Business Sales
Geelong and South West Victoria
(03) 5259 9970
Broker: Laurie Farrell
0418 339 230